Thursday, March 11, 2010

What is practice?

PRACTICE

What is is not - It is not making mistakes and then fixing them.

What it is - It is avoiding the mistakes in the first place.

 I thought this was oh so very good!   If someone had instilled that into me when I was first learning, it probably would have helped so much.  I tend to be in a hurry and want to rush through something new just to hear what it sounds like.  I am sure if I teach my little ones to go slow, think, and work at doing it correctly the first time, then we won't continually be repeating to correct mistakes.  I will be working on this more with my students and am excited to see what improvement this might make with some of them.  Haste does make waste, so why not do it right the first time even though it may be slower going.  Gradually slower will get faster and will be done correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment