Thursday, March 11, 2010

Music Philosophy in a Nut Shell

Psalms 40:3 
And he hath put
a new song in my mouth,
even praise unto our God: 
many shall see it, and fear, 
and shall trust in the LORD.
This is my music philosophy in a nut shell.  My music should reflect my new nature.  The words that come out of my mouth or my musical instruments should reflect a new song that God has put into my heart when He saved me!  As this new song is reflected in my music and my praise is given to God, this will cause many to see it and fear and to trust in the Lord!  By my song others should know who my God is!   
There is no argument about whether certain music is right or wrong.  It should be very clear whether or not that music is showing forth the new song that God has given us!   Would a child of the devil take his words and put them to the music of our great hymns and gospel songs?  NO!  Then why would a christian say it is ok to take our words and put them to the music that the world offers?  Think about it!

He put a new song in my mouth
I'll sing it o'er and o'er
Even praise unto our God
I'll sing it more and more
I pray that many will see it and fear
May my life shine forth the Word
So that others will trust in the Lord
Because of what they've seen and heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment